Wednesday, January 18, 2012

E is for . . .

ELEPHANTS!
Welcome song:  If Your Happy and you Know It!

We sang the ABC song.  We tried to go backwards, we will need to practice that one.  I introduced the letter "E" and gave the kids some facts about elephants. 

I passed out 5 elephants and we did the flannel story of "5 Elephants in a Bathtub!"

Read the following stories to the kids:
ELMER BY DAVID MCKEE
THE TROUBLE WITH ELEPHANTS BY CHRIS RIDDELL
SEVEN BLIND MICE BY ED YOUNG
ELEPHANTS CANNOT DANCE! BY MO WILLEMS

I also shared a story I got off of the internet call "No More Car Wash Blues" and had the kids help me put the story in order by flash cards after I went through the story.  They did a great job.

Craft:
We made elephants out of shapes.  I cut out circles, rectangles and triangles and had the kids glue them together to make elephants.  Theirs were awesome!  We used google eyes for the eyes but you could cut out circles also.  Here are the kids with their crafts.








Thanks for coming!  Cya next week!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment