Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pigeons

Books we read:
 -All books are written by Mo Willems

These books were great because they children were able to play along as the pigeon pleaded to drive the bus or to stay up past his bedtime.  The children were able to respond and tell him "no!"  There was even a part where the pigeon said "I bet your mom would let me" and the kids looked at their mom's for them to answer no.  You could talk about why it's important to go to bed on time, sharing, etc.  if you wanted to.

We started out with an activity!  We made an alphabet train!  Each child had a letter of the alphabet that was on a "boxcar" of the train.  We went through the alphabet and everyone brought their letter up and taped it to the train.  We sang the alphabet afterwards.


After reading a couple of books, we did some wiggle poems:

I'll touch my hair, my lips my eyes
I'll sit up straight and then I'll rise.
I'll touch my ears, my nose, my chin,
Then quietly sit down again

My hands upon my head I place,
On my shoulders, on my face,
On my knees and at my side,
Then behind me they will hide.
The I raise them uo so high,
'Till they almost reach the sky.
Swiftly count them 1,2,3,
And see how quiet they can be
 (place finger over mouth as if saying shhhh)

After reading the rest of the books, we made a pigeon door hanger and also had a coloring page.

No comments:

Post a Comment