Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas Trees were the main theme of storytime today.  We read the following books:
THAT'S NOT SANTA! BY LEONARD KESSLER
MERRY CHRISTMAS, BIG HUNGRY BEAR! BY AUDREY WOOD
and  KIRBY PUCKERNUT AND THE CHRISTMAS SURPRISE BY ALICIA RICHARDSON (LOVE THIS BOOK!)



Activities:  Christmas bulbs on the tree - kids had different colored bulbs, I had them come up and place whatever color I called for on the tree then we covered the shapes that where on the bulbs.

We did the "Littlest Christmas Tree" play..  I had kids be birds, bunnies, and stars and as I read the story I had them come up and act out the parts.  They were great to participate and the moms where too as I needed them to help sing the little parts in between.

Craft:  Coloring sheets of santa sleigh and the presents that they were going to receive for Christmas.

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment