Wednesday, November 23, 2011

FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I want to thank all the kids (and parents) for coming and participating in storytime each week.  I look forward to each week so we can have some fun.

Today in storytime, FOOD seemed like a great topic as we will all probably stuff ourselves tomorrow.

We started play a game where I showed pictures of different food items to the kids and they decided rather it should go in our soup or not.  We had pictures of things like popsicles, and potatoes and everything in between.

Stories read today where:
BEAR WANTS MORE by Karma Wilson
THE CAKE THAT MACK ATE by Rose Robart
and  I KNOW AN OLD LADY WHO SWALLOWED A PIE by Alison Jackson

After reading the old lady book, we did a flannel story where the kids told me what order she ate the food and placed that food item in her stomach.


We also played a game with my favorite food: ICE CREAM.
I took cones numbered one to ten, and scoops of ice cream with the numbers in dots on them and had the kids match them up to the correct cone.

Craft today was to have the kids create there own Thanksgiving dinner by drawing it on their plates. 



Thanks again for all your support.   Have a safe and full Thanksgiving. 

Cya next week,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment