Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I am Thankful for . . .

Today we talked about the things that we are thankful for and everyone shared the things they were thankful for with the group.
Books read today:
THE ANT AND THE ELEPHANT BY BILL PEET
I'M THANKFUL EACH DAY! BY P.K. HALLINAN
THE COOL COATS BY LARRY BRIMMER


The first book is about helping each other and saying thank you.  The second one talks about things to be thankful for and the third one was about being thankful for what you have. 

After reading the first two books we had an activity where we got all the kids in a circle and gave a ball of string to one child to start off, they would say something that they were thankful for and throw the ball while keeping a hold of the string, then the next child would do the same until everyone had a chance to say what they were thankful for.  They all did a great job and I don't even remember any repeats as they went through!  When they finished they were all hold a part of a web,  I called it the web a gratitude for saying what they were thankful for.  I am really thankful for the people that have shared ideas with me, like the one above as they help me a lot!

In closing we sang "If your Thankful and you know it"  using the clap your hands, stomp your feet and shout "I AM".  Everyone did a great job!

Craft time was an "I am Thankful for . . ." picture.  I had the kids create there own pictures and then placed them on the bulletin board in the library.  They look awesome!


Thanks to all that participated and for all the help received during storytime each week!  Cya next week!

Chris 

No comments:

Post a Comment