Wednesday, May 2, 2012

HICKORY, DICKORY DOCK!

Happy Mother Goose Day!

Mother Goose Day was on 5/1/12 so for storytime today I shared a bunch of rhymes with the kids and we talked about what a rhyme is.

I read the book: Once upon a Rhyme by Matt Mitter and then I read out of the following books different rhymes:  Mary Engelbreit's Mother Goose, Twinkle, twinkle, little star illustrated by Mandy Stanley.
Mother Goose , Walt Disney Classic Edition. and Out came the Sun by Heater Collins.

I had the kids do a finger play to Jack and Jill and then we did Hickory, Dickory Dock.  We went through about 4 verses and then we went through the parts of the clock and made one on the board with flannel/laminated pieces.  This led into our craft for the day.

I had the kids make clocks for their craft today.  Very simple, cut color and paste.  Here are the pictures.  As always the kids do a great job.
















No comments:

Post a Comment