Wednesday, October 3, 2012

HAPPY BALLOON DAY!

BALLOONS, BALLOONS, BALLOONS!

Story time was all about BALLOONS today.  After our welcome song and the ABC song.  I had the kids think of all the things they could think of that started with the letter B.  I had some blown up balloons in my closet that I brought out.  I held out two of them and asked the kids what they thought would happen if I let go of the balloons.  When I finally let go, one fell to the floor and the other one went to the ceiling.  I explained the difference between blowing up a balloon with our own air and using helium (in the balloon that went up), then we read the following books.

WHERE DO BALLOONS GO? by Jamie Lee Curtis
A BALLOON FOR ISABEL BY Deborah Underwood

Activities:
I took 5 blown up balloons and had the kids try to keep them in the air as long as they could.  We had a huge group today, so I tried to split up the taller ones so everyone would get a chance to hit the balloon.

Craft:
Coloring page of a Hot Air Balloon.




Great Job Everyone!
Thanks for coming.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment