Wednesday, September 19, 2012

TALK LIKE A PIRATE

Today is international Talk Like A Pirate Day! RRRRR!

In honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day we read some Pirate Books today.  My favorite was "Shiver Me Letters, A Pirate ABC" by June Sobel.  Then we read "Port Side Pirates" by Debbie Harter.

Activity:  We played "Pin the Parrot on the Pirate".  I blindfolded kids and let them see if they could get the parrot on the pirate.  We had parrots all over the place.  This took a while so we didn't read another story today.

I tried to sing "I'm a Pirate" with the kids.  It wasn't one that they knew so they were only able to help me in parts, then we did our craft.

Todays craft was fairly simple.  We made hats out of newspaper.  I had the kids spread out on the floor with a piece of newspaper and I showed them how to fold and make the hats.  Here are some pictures of the kids.










Great job everyone.  Thank you for coming!  Until next time.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment